Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Book Is In The Mail

If you are reading this you are probably already a fan of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. You may also be aware that Mattel offered a very limited Art Book at the 2009 San Diego Comic Con. I will not get into the details but as you can imagine most of these books never made it to the true MOTU fans who have kept this line alive for over 25 years.

After I purchased a copy for myself on eBay for $150 (plus shipping) I realized that it was a shame that such a rare item would sit on my shelf for my eyes only. With thousands of fans unable to get this book for a reasonable price I decided that I would purchase a book and share it with as much of the community as I could. I refused to buy a book at the $100+ that most eBay sellers are looking to get and waited... and waited.

Needless to say I finally found one - number 0572 to be exact. On 1/9/2010 I posted this thread on the He-Man.org forums. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?p=2303542&posted=1#post2303542

This blog will follow the journey of this lone book as it shares it's awesome artwork and design from the early days of MOTU all the way up to the much anticipated rumored live action movie.

The first post tomorrow will be my reactions to the book along with a quick review. Then, once each fan has had a chance to enjoy the book for their week, he/ she will be able to add their own post.

I hope you enjoy!
Josh

1 comment:

  1. Borrower #3 here. I love the book, it is great to see some of the stuff we have not been privy to. On the flip side, I'm even more happy that I didn't purchase it. If I had paid $150 for this I would have been mad. It's softcover to start with and it reads in about 30 minutes. I know it's an "art" book. The majority of the early stuff we have seen on the web. The newer stuff never at all to my knowledge. Thanks to Josh for getting the program started! It's definitely a library book and not a purchase to me. Still it was a joy to read and read again.

    ReplyDelete